This NEMA 11-size hybrid bipolar stepping motor has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution).
Each phase draws 670 mA at 3.8 V, allowing for a holding torque of 600 g-cm (8.3 oz-in).
The motor has four color-coded wires terminated with bare leads: black and green connect to one coil; red and blue connect to the other. It can be controlled by a pair of suitable H-bridges (one for each coil), but we recommend using a bipolar stepper motor driver.
Our 5 mm universal mounting hub can be used to mount objects on the stepper motor’s 5 mm-diameter output shaft.
- Size: 28 mm square × 32 mm, not including the shaft (NEMA 11)
- Weight: 110 g (4 oz)
- Shaft diameter: 5 mm “D”
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 670 mA per coil
- Voltage rating: 3.8 V
- Resistance: 5.6 Ω per coil
- Holding torque: 600 g-cm (8.3 oz-in)
- Inductance: 4.2 mH per coil
- Lead length: 30 cm (12″)
- Output shaft supported by two ball bearings
More specifications are available in the datasheet
The following diagram shows the stepper motor dimensions in mm. The dimension labeled “Length” is 32 mm. The output D-shaft has a length of 20 mm and a 5 mm diameter with a section that is flattened by 0.5 mm. This shaft works with our 5 mm universal mounting hub.
Stepper Motor Applications
Stepper motors are generally used in a variety of applications where precise position control is desirable and the cost or complexity of a feedback control system is unwarranted. Here are a few applications where stepper motors are often found:
- CNC machines
- 3D printer/prototyping machines (e.g. RepRap)
- Laser cutters
- Pick and place machines
- Linear actuators
- Hard drives
Stepper Motor: Bipolar, 200 Steps/Rev, 28×32mm, 3.8V, 0.67 A/Phase
POL-1205Out of stock £20.75
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments