With a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F MCU, the SparkFun MicroMod SAMD51 Processor Board is one powerful microcontroller packaged on a small board!
The provides you with an economical and easy to use development platform if you're needing more power with minimal working space. With the M.2 MicroMod connector, connecting your SAMD51 Processor is a breeze. Simply match up the key on your processor's beveled edge connector to the key on the M.2 connector and secure it with a screw (included with all Carrier Boards). The SAMD51 is one of the most powerful and economical microcontrollers available so to be able to add it to your MicroMod Carrier Board is a huge advantage for your project!
The ATSAMD51J20 utilizes a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit (FPU), running up to 120MHz, up to 1MB of flash memory, up to 256KB of SRAM with ECC, up to 6 SERCOM interfaces, and other features. This MicroMod SAMD51 even comes flashed with the same convenient UF2 bootloader like the SAMD51 Thing Plus and the RedBoard Turbo.
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
SAMD51 General Features:
- ATSAMD51J20 microcontroller
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F MCU
- Up to 120MHz CPU speed
- 1MB flash memory
- 256KB SRAM
- Up to 6 SERCOM interfaces
- UF2 bootloader
Specific Peripherals made available on MicroMod SAMD51:
- 1x USB dedicated for programming and debug (Host capable)
- 2x UARTs
- 2x I2C
- 1x SPI
- 1x CAN
- 11x GPIO
- 2x Digital Pins
- 2x Analog Pins
- 2x PWM
- 128mbit/16MB (external) flash memory
- Status LED
- VIN Level ADC
MicroMod SAMD51 Processor Documentation:
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pinout
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pin Descriptions
- Getting Started with MicroMod
- Designing with MicroMod
- MicroMod Info Page
- MicroMod Forums
- SparkFun Eagle Libraries contains example footprints for the M.2 connector and SMD standoff
- M.2 MicroMod Connector Datasheet
- MicroMod Reflowable Standoff Datasheet
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments