The MicroMod ESP32 Processor Board combines Espressif's ESP32 with the M.2 connector interface to bring a processor board with reliable wireless capabilities into the MicroMod ecosystem.
With the M.2 MicroMod connector, connecting your ESP32 Processor is a breeze. Simply match up the key on your processor's beveled edge connector to the key on the M.2 connector and secure it with a screw (included with all Carrier Boards). If you need to swap out your processor for a strong wireless option, make sure to check out the MicroMod ESP32!
The ESP32 includes a laundry list of functionality, including the dual-core Tensilica LX6 microprocessor, 240MHz clock frequency, 520kB internal SRAM, integrated WiFi transceiver and hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096). With this MicroMod processor board, you have access to 8 general use IO pins, dedicated analog, digital, and PWM pins, as well as all the fan favorites - SPI, I2C, UART, and SDIO. Add to that 16MB flash storage and sleep current of around 500µA, and you've got a perfect storm of versatility.
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
ESP32 General Features:
- Dual-core Tensilica LX6 microprocessor
- Up to 240MHz clock frequency
- 520kB internal SRAM
- 128mbit/16MB flash storage
- Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver
- 2.7 to 3.6V operating range
- 500µA sleep current under hibernation
- 10-electrode capacitive touch support
- Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
Specific Peripherals made available on MicroMod ESP32:
- 1x USB dedicated for programming and debug
- 1x UART
- 2x I2C
- 1x SPI
- 7x GPIO
- 2x Digital Pins
- 2x Analog Pins
- 2x PWM
- Status LED
- VIN Level ADC
Additional peripherals are available but are shared on dedicated MicroMod pins.
MicroMod ESP32 Processor Documentation:
- Eagle Files
- Hookup Guide
- Board Dimensions
- Datasheet (ESP32)
- Graphical Datasheet
- GitHub Hardware Repo
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pinout
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pin Descriptions
- Getting Started with MicroMod
- Designing with MicroMod
- MicroMod Info Page
- MicroMod Forums
- SparkFun Eagle Libraries contains example footprints for the M.2 connector and SMD standoff
- M.2 MicroMod Connector Datasheet
- MicroMod Reflowable Standoff Datasheet
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments