The SparkFun 5V Buck Regulator Breakout features the AP63357 from Diodes Inc., a 3.5A synchronous buck converter with a wide input voltage range of 3.8V to 32V.
The fully integrated 74mΩ high-side power MOSFET/40mΩ low-side power MOSFET provides a high-efficiency step-down DC/DC conversion.
This full-size, 1in. x 1in. version of the buck regulator board is configured to provide a regulated 5V output (from a 6 to 32V input voltage range) and features a high-voltage
EN (enable) control pin that is rated up to 32V. On the back of the board, a small copper pad is available to dissipate excess heat with a heat sink.
As a full-size buck regulator breakout, additional options for connecting input and output power. There is a pre-assembled screw terminal for a non-permanent connection, the option to solder on a barrel jack for an external power supply, and five PTH pins to create a more permanent installation. This full-size buck regulator also comes with a red, power indication LED that light up when the power output is enabled and two mounting holes compatible with 4-40 hardware.
Check out the SparkFun BabyBuck Regulator Breakout - 5V (AP63357), for the smaller minimalistic versions of this buck regulator.
Note: While the AP63357 is rated up to a 3.5A output, users should expect a 3A maximum with our boards due to thermal constraints. The boards can output 3.5A but would require a sufficient amount of active cooling.
- 1in. x 1in. PCB layout
- Three power input/output options:
- Pre-assembled 4-pin screw terminal
- Five 0.1in. spaced PTH pins
- Three plated slots for a DC barrel jack (input only)
- Power connections:
VIN- Power In (6V to 32V)
GND- Common Ground
VOUT- Power Out (Regulated 5V)
EN- Enable (Pull high to enable the power output)
- Red, power LED indicator
- 0.5in. x 0.6in. Plated copper pad (for heat sinks)
- VIN 3.8V to 32V
- 3.5A Continuous Output Current
- 0.8V ± 1% Reference Voltage
- 22µA Low Quiescent Current (Pulse Frequency Modulation)
- 450kHz Switching Frequency
- Supports Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM)
- Up to 86% Efficiency at 5mA Light Load
- Proprietary Gate Driver Design for Best EMI Reduction
- Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) to Reduce EMI
- Low-Dropout (LDO) Mode
- Power Good Indicator with 5MΩ Internal Pull-up
- Precision Enable Threshold to Adjust UVLO
- Protection Circuitry
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Output Undervoltage Protection (UVP)
- Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 5V (AP63357)
COM-21255Out of stock £6.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments