Robots are fun, and Arduinos are easy. So wouldn’t it be nice if there were a kit that included everything you need to get your Arduino device set up to control a simple two-motor-circuit buddy?
The SparkFun Ardumoto Shield Kit is perfect for any robot enthusiast and includes an Ardumoto Shield, as well as pairs of tires, motors, connectors and wires. And, of course, it’s all stuffed in a classic SparkFun red box (which may come in handy as a robot chassis).
The Ardumoto Shield is an easy-to-use dual-motor controller for Arduino. Combined with an Arduino, the Ardumoto makes a fantastic controller platform for RC vehicles or even small autonomous robots. At the heart of the Ardumoto — the big, black chip right in the middle — is an L298, one of our favorite dual-channel motor drivers around, capable of driving up to 2A per channel. The board takes its power from the same Vin line as the Arduino board and includes blue and yellow LEDs to indicate active direction. All driver lines are diode protected from back EMF.
- 1x SparkFun Ardumoto Shield
- 2x Hobby Gearmotor – 65 RPM
- 2x Wheel – 65mm (Rubber Tire)
- 1x Arduino Stackable Header Kit
- 3x Screw Terminals 3.5mm Pitch (2-Pin)
- 1x 9V to Barrel Jack Adapter
- 2x Black Wire – 5" Length (22AWG Solid Core)
- 2x Red Wire – 5" Length (22AWG Solid Core)
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments