The SparkFun Analog MEMS Microphone Breakout makes it easy to work with the SPH8878LR5H-1 analog microphone from Knowles.
This board features an OpAmp to bring the output of the microphone to a usable level, allowing you to plug directly into an ADC on a microcontroller.
In addition to amplifying the signal, the OpAmp adds a bias voltage of 1/2 VCC. With sound sources such as a normal speaking voice a few feet away from the microphone, the AUD output signal will be at about 200mV peak-to-peak. Also note, this low profile microphone has its port on the bottom side, so the microphone can be mounted flush to the outer surface of your enclosure. This microphone is omni-directional, which means it does a good job of picking up sound sources from all directions.
- Supply Voltage: 2.3-3.6V
- Average Current Consumption: 265µA
- Frequency Range: 7Hz-36kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 66dBV/Pa
- Sensitivity: ~44dBV/Pa (Single-Ended Mode)
- -3dB Roll Off at 7Hz / +3dB Flatness at 36kHz
- Acoustic Overload Point: 134dB SPL
- OPA344 provides 600Ω output impedance
SparkFun Analog MEMS Microphone Breakout - SPH8878LR5H-1
BOB-19389Out of stock£5.75
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments