Raspberry Pi RP2040 is the first microcontroller chip designed in-house at Raspberry Pi (“Raspberry Silicon”).
If you've been wanting to design your very own custom RP2040 board, you'll need some RP2040s. Raspberry Pi have now made the chips available to buy on their own, so you'll no longer have to painstakingly prise them off Raspberry Pi Picos to create your masterpiece - hooray!
You'll get bare RP2040 chips, fresh from the factory and packaged on cut tape.
Raspberry Pi's RP2040 microcontroller is a dual core ARM Cortex M0+ running at up to 133Mhz. It bundles in 264kB of SRAM, 30 multifunction GPIO pins (including a four channel 12-bit ADC), a heap of standard peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, PWM, clocks, etc), and USB support.
One very exciting feature of RP2040 is the programmable IOs which allow you to execute custom programs that can manipulate GPIO pins and transfer data between peripherals - they can offload tasks that require high data transfer rates or precise timing that traditionally would have required a lot of heavy lifting from the CPU.
- Dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz
- 264KB of on-chip RAM
- Support for up to 16MB of off-chip Flash memory via a QSPI bus
- DMA controller
- Interpolator and integer divider peripherals
- 30 GPIO pins, 4 of which can be used as analogue inputs
- 2 × UARTs, 2 × SPI controllers, and 2 × I2C controllers
- 16 × PWM channels
- 1 × USB 1.1 controller and PHY, with host and device support
- 8 × Raspberry Pi Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines
- USB mass-storage boot mode with UF2 support, for drag-anddrop programming
3,400x (full reel)
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Approved Raspberry Pi Reseller
- Secure website and payments