An improved camera for use with Raspberry Pi computers, featuring a 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 sensor, HDR support and powered phase-detect autofocus.
Camera Module 3 is the successor to the popular Raspberry Pi Camera v2, which launched in April 2016. Built around a 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor module, Camera Module 3 offers the following exciting improvements over its predecessor:
- Improved low-light sensitivity
- High dynamic range (HDR) support
- Powered phase-detect autofocus (PDAF)
It can be used to take full HD video as well as still photographs, and features an HDR mode up to 3 megapixels. Its operation is fully supported by the libcamera library, including Camera Module 3’s rapid autofocus feature: this makes it easy for beginners to use, while offering plenty for advanced users.
Camera Module 3 is available with either a standard (75°) or wide-angle (120°) lens and in visible-light-only and infrared-sensitive (NoIR) variants (coming soon).
- Sony IMX708 12-megapixel sensor with I2C-controlled focus actuator
- Large 7.4mm diagonal sensor
- 75° or 120° diagonal angle of view
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi computers with a CSI port*
* It comes with a standard camera cable that will let you connect it to the camera port on a full size Raspberry Pi. If you want to plug it into a Pi Zero, Zero W or Zero 2 W you'll need to pick up a Zero camera cable.
Note that Camera Module 3 requires a recent version of Raspberry Pi OS and the latest Picamera2 library.
Add cables or extenders
Raspberry Pi Camera Cable – 5cm+ £0.50
Raspberry Pi Camera Cable – 15cm+ £0.75
Raspberry Pi Camera Cable – 30cm+ £1.25
Camera Cable - Raspberry Pi Zero edition – 38mm+ £2.00
Camera Cable - Raspberry Pi Zero edition – 150mm+ £3.25
Add a case
Flexible camera tripod+ £3.25
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Approved Raspberry Pi Reseller
- Secure website and payments