Connect Raspberry Pi computing power with LEGO® Technic™ motors and sensors
The Raspberry Pi Build HAT fits any Raspberry Pi with a 40-pin GPIO header and lets you control up to four LEGO® Technic™ motors and sensors from the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Portfolio, a flexible system with unlimited possibilities.
Build robust, intelligent machines that combine Raspberry Pi computing power with LEGO components.
Projects that make sense
The LEGO Education SPIKE Portfolio features a wide variety of sensors and motors that you can control with the Build HAT Python library on your Raspberry Pi. Explore the world around you with sensors to detect distance, force, and colour, and choose from a variety of motor sizes to suit any build. The Build HAT also supports motors and sensors from the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor kit, as well as most other LEGO devices that use an LPF2 connector.
The power of the Build HAT
With the Raspberry Pi Build HAT Power Supply, available separately, the Build HAT can power your Raspberry Pi (except Raspberry Pi 400) and all connected devices.
Build with Raspberry Pi and the LEGO® bricks you love
The new, specially designed LEGO Maker Plate is the first LEGO element ever designed to connect to something that isn’t another piece of LEGO. It allows you to attach your Raspberry Pi to your LEGO creations, and it's available with the SPIKE Prime Expansion Set (45681).
In the classroom
Easily integrate LEGO Education SPIKE Prime with Raspberry Pi computers. Supported by guided projects from the Raspberry Pi Foundation designed for secondary school students, the Raspberry Pi Build HAT delivers a unique hands-on learning experience that's accessible, engaging, and confidence-building for all students.
- Supports motors and sensors included in the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Portfolio, along with those from the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor kit and most other LEGO devices that use an LPF2 connector
- Fits any Raspberry Pi computer with a 40-pin GPIO header (including, with the addition of a ribbon cable or other extension device, Raspberry Pi 400)
- Specially developed Python library supports students and makers to create and learn
- DC power connector: 2.1mm barrel jack, centre positive
- Powers your Raspberry Pi computer (except Raspberry Pi 400) and connected LEGO Technic devices when used with an external 8V ±10% DC power source, such as the Raspberry Pi Build HAT Power Supply, or a 7.5V battery pack
- Onboard Raspberry Pi RP2040 microcontroller manages low-level control of LEGO Technic devices
Raspberry Pi Build HAT
Build HAT Power Supply
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Approved Raspberry Pi Reseller
- Secure website and payments