Using our muscles to control things is the way that most of us are accustomed to doing it. We push buttons, pull levers, move joysticks… but what if we could take the buttons, levers and joysticks out of the equation? This is the MyoWare Muscle Sensor, an Arduino-powered, all-in-one electromyography (EMG) sensor
This sensor will measure the filtered and rectified electrical activity of a muscle; outputting 0-Vs Volts depending the amount of activity in the selected muscle, where Vs signifies the voltage of the power source.
- Single supply - MyoWare won't need +/- voltage power supplies! Unlike their previous sensor, it can now be plugged directly into 3.3V through 5V development boards.
- Embedded Electrode Connector - Electrodes now snap directly to MyoWare, getting rid of those pesky cables and making the MyoWare wearable!
- RAW EMG Output - A popular request from grad students, the MyoWare now has a secondary output of the RAW EMG waveform.
- Polarity Protected Power Pins - protection so the sensor chips don't burn out when the power is accidentally connected backwards.
- ON/OFF Switch - Speaking of burning out the board, Myoware also added an on-board power switch so you can test your power connections more easily.
- LED Indicators - two on-board LEDs one to let you know when the MyoWare's power is on and the other will brighten when your muscle flexes.
Dimensions: 0.82" x 2.06"
- MyoWare™ Muscle Sensor Manual
- How To Make Reusable Fabric Electrodes released under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
- Arduino Sample Code
WARNING: As an inherent risk associated with electrical component work, improper use of this sensor could cause harm to the subject. If underage, do not use without adult supervision.
WARNING: This sensor is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation treatment, or prevention of disease, in a man or other animals.
This product is no longer available
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.