The I2S Audio Shield brings the noise with:
- MAX98357 I2S Decoder and Amp
- 3W Class D Amplifier
- I2S sample rates from 8kHz to 96kHz
- Click + Pop suppression
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Micro SD Card slot
- Magnetic buzzer for onboard audio via a PAM8301 amplifier
- A switch to swap between on-board sound and external speaker that can be connected via provided header
- Comes with a separate screw terminal that can be soldered on for external speaker connection
Using the SD Card
If you are wanting to use the SD Card slot in your project, please ensure you set the SPI MI pin as an INPUT_PULL_HIGH or initialising the slot will fail.
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Unexpected Maker - check out their website!