Now at right angles! Securely attach a HAT (or two mini HATs) to your Raspberry Pi 400, so that they're pointing upwards and correctly oriented.
Flat HAT Hacker is an easy way to attach HATs and mini HATs to the back of your Pi 400 so that their alignment matches your Pi 400's keyboard. You could use it to add a hi res touchscreen display/control panel right at your fingertips, that 3.5mm audio hardware you've been missing or even the world's most ostentatious caps lock indicator.
The top row of GPIO pins is populated with a pre-soldered header so you can attach a HAT or mini HAT easily and without fuss. We've added a second set of contacts (with handy labels) to the middle of the board - you can solder a 40 pin header onto these if you'd like to use two mini HATs at once (or if you'd like to run wires to the GPIO for prototyping or for connecting to other circuitry). We've also included suitably spaced mounting holes so you can secure your HATs and mini HATs in place with standoffs.
Note: Headers and standoffs are sold separately - check out the extras tab!
- One landing area for attaching a HATs or mini HAT, with a pre-installed 40 pin male connector
- One landing area for attaching a mini HAT, without pre-installed connector
- GPIO pins on second landing area are labelled with function and BCM pin numbers
- 10 mounting holes (so you can attach one HAT or two mini HATs).
- Pre-installed right angle 40 pin female connector for attaching to Pi's GPIO
- Soldering is only required if you want to use the second landing area!
- If you're planning on using multiple mini HATs in your project, you'll need to check for GPIO conflicts - Pinout.xyz and pHAT Stack Configurator are useful for this!
- If you're a dangerous renegade, you could also use this board with an ordinary Raspberry Pi, in which case it would stick up vertically in 'Flag HAT Hacker' formation. This is potentially useful for mounting HATs and mini HATs at right angles to your Pi, with the Pi acting as a convenient stand!
- If you're using a HAT with touchscreen or buttons and want to give your Flat Hacker HAT some more support at the top edge, consider adding a pair of standoffs as feet 🐾.
Flat HAT Hacker for Raspberry Pi 400
You'll need one of these if you want to use two mini HATs at once!
Male 40-pin 2x20 HAT Header – Male 40-pin Header+ £0.83
For keeping your HATs securely in place!
M2.5 Standoffs for Pi HATs - Black Plated - Pack of 2+ £1.75
Premium Pi standoff selection+ £3.75
HATs and mini HATs
A small selection of HATs for your consideration!
HyperPixel 4.0 - Hi-Res Display for Raspberry Pi – Touch+ £45.00
Pirate Audio: Headphone Amp for Raspberry Pi+ £18.00
Unicorn HAT Mini+ £18.25
Scroll HAT Mini+ £13.00
Enviro for Raspberry Pi – Enviro + Air Quality+ £45.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments