The TCS230 senses colour light with the help of an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes.
Then using a Current-to-Frequency Converter the readings from the photodiodes are converted into a square wave with a frequency directly proportional to the light intensity. Finally, using the Arduino Board we can read the square wave output and get the results for the colour.
- high resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency
- programmable colour and full scale output frequency
- communicates directly with a microcontroller
- single supply operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- power down feature
- non-linearity error typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- stable 200 ppm/°C temperature coefficient
- S0-S1: output frequency scaling selection inputs
- S2-S3: photodiode type selection inputs
- out pin: output frequency
- OE pin: output frequency enable pin (active low), can be impending when using
Colour Sensor TCS3200 Module
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments