The cute PiTFT got even more adorable with this little primary display for Raspberry Pi in HAT form!
It features a 2.2" display with 320x240 16-bit color pixels. The HAT uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display as a console, X window port, displaying images or video etc. Best of all it plugs right in on top of your Model A+ or B+ and fits into the Pibow nicely.
- This design uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0, CE1) as well as GPIO #25.
- All other GPIO are unused and are available on a 25-pin long breakout line.
- There are 4 flat tactile switches wired to four GPIOs, that you can use if you want to make a basic user interface. For example, you can use one as a power on/off button.
Comes as a fully assembled display PCB and an additional 2x20 GPIO header. Some light soldering is required to attach the 2x20 GPIO header to the HAT but it's fast and easy for anyone with a soldering iron and solder.
To make it super easy for use Adafruit have created a custom kernel package based of off Notro's awesome framebuffer work, so you can install it over your existing Raspbian (or derivative) images in just a few commands. Their tutorial series shows you how to install the software, play small videos, or display images such as from your PiCam and more!
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Adafruit - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments