Adafruit NeoPixel Shield for Arduino - 40 RGB LED Pixel Matrixby Adafruit
40 eye-blistering RGB LEDs adorn the NeoPixel shield for a blast of configurable colour!
- Arranged in a 5x8 matrix, each pixel is individually addressable.
- Only one pin (Digital #6) is required to control all the LEDs.
- You can cut a trace and use nearly any other pin if you need some customization.
- Shields can be chained together for extra light blinking joy! Fro the second shield, connect the DIN connection to the first shield DOUT. Also connect a ground pin together and power with 5V. Chain as many together as you want!
To make it easy to start, the LEDs are powered from the 5v onboard Arduino supply. As long as you aren't lighting up all the pixels full power white that should be fine. You can also solder in the included terminal block (pro-tip: put it on the bottom of the board so it doesn't stick up) to attach an external 4-6VDC power supply. There's a polarity protection FET on there in case you wire the power backwards
Check out Adafruits Neopixel library on github and their installation tutorial for extra tips!
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier