Bend audio files to your will with the Adafruit Music Maker FeatherWing!
The perfect musical add-on to your Feather! That's why Adafruit spun up this super FeatherWing, perfect for use with a great many of their Feather Boards!
This powerful shield features the VS1053, an encoding/decoding (codec) chip that can decode a wide variety of audio formats such as MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, MIDI, FLAC, WAV (PCM and ADPCM). You can do all sorts of stuff with the audio as well, such as adjusting bass, treble, and volume digitally.
All this functionality is implemented in a light-weight SPI interface so that any Feather Board can play audio from an SD card. There's also a special MIDI mode that you can boot the chip into that will read 'classic' 31250Kbaud MIDI data from the UART TX pin and act like a synth/drum machine - there are dozens of built-in drum and sample effects!
- VS1053B codec chip - decodes Ogg Vorbis, MP3/MP2/MP1, MP4, AAC, WMA, FLAC, WAV/PCM, MIDI.
- Stereo audio out with proper audio filter caps and ground reference so it can be safely connected directly to headphones, a stereo system or other powered speakers
- MicroSD card socket, for any FAT16/FAT32 formatted SD card from 64MB or greater
- Built-in MIDI synth/drum machine with dozens of instruments
Comes fully tested, with two sticks of 0.1" male headers to plug it onto your Feather. Some light soldering is required to attach the through-hole headers to the PCB for plugging into your Feather Board.
Headphones, SD card and Feather Board not included!
Adafruit Music Maker FeatherWing - MP3 OGG WAV MIDI Synth Player
ADA3357Out of stock £16.25
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments