What's better than a single LED? Lots of LEDs! But adding an LED matrix can mean a lot of wiring and space. This little kit makes the whole thing simple and tidy!
It's called a Bicolor LED, but you can have 3 colors total by turning on the red and green LEDs, which creates yellow. That's 3 colors for the price of 2!
- Driver chip has a built in clock so they can multiplex the display
- Constant current drivers for ultra-bright, consistent colour
- 1/16 step display dimming
- I2C interface
- Also available as a small 1.2" 8x8 and a 0.56" 4-digit 7-Segment display
- Backpack comes with address-selection jumpers so you can connect up to four mini 8x8's or eight 7-segments/bicolor (or a combination, such as four mini 8x8's and two 7-segments and two bicolor, etc) on a single I2C bus.
- A fully tested and assembled LED backpack
- 1.2" Bi-color 8x8 LED Matrix
- 4-pin header
A bit of soldering is required to attach the matrix onto the backpack but its very easy to do and only takes about 5 minutes.
Need more details? Check out the datasheet - this board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address between 0x70-0x77, selectable with jumpers
If you've been eyeing matrix displays but hesitated because of the complexity, this is the solution you've been looking for!
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Adafruit - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments