SparkFun Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - KX132 (Qwiic)by Sparkfun
This SparkFun Triple-Axis Accelerometer Breakout is a simple Qwiic breakout for the KX132 digital accelerometer from Kionix.
The KX132 is a low-power, 16-bit resolution three-axis accelerometer with four user-selectable acceleration measurement ranges of ±2g/4g/8g/16g and has up to a 10kHz (max) output data rate making it ideal for a wide range of acceleration measurements as well as high-speed applications such as vibration and tap sensing.
The KX132 includes a host of features including Freefall detection, Directional Tap™ and Double-Tap™ detection, tilt orientation detection and more. The Qwiic KX132 can interface with controllers using both I2C and SPI at high speeds so you can use it in an existing Qwiic/I2C chain or on a SPI bus.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
Get started with the Qwiic KX13X Triple Axis Accelerometer Guide
- Measurement Range: ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, ±16g (User Selectable)
- High Resolution (8 or 16-bit)
- User-Configurable Output Data Rate (ODR) up to 25600Hz
- User-Configurable 3-stage Advanced Data Path featuring low-pass filter, low-pass/high-pass filter and RMS calculation engine
- Wide range of built-in sensing functions
- Free Fall
- Directional-Tap™ / Double-Tap™
- Device Orientation & Activity Algorithms
- Low Noise: 130µg/√Hz (varies based on ODR, power mode & other settings)
- High Resolution Wake-Up & Back-to-Sleep Detection with configurable threshold as low as 3.9mg
- 512-byte FIFO buffer that continues recording data while being read
- Selectable Low-Power or High-Performance operating modes
- Low Power with Integrated Voltage Regulator
- High Performance Operating Current Consumption (400Hz ODR + Wake-Up Detection): 148µA
- Low Power Operating Current Consumption (0.781Hz ODR + Wake-Up Detection): 0.53µA
- Standby Current Consumption: 0.5µA
- Self-Test Functionality
- Digital I2C up to 3.4MHz and Digital SPI up to 10MHz
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- SPI available on PTH Header Pins
- I2C Address: 0x1E (0x1F alternate)
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier