The SparkFun expLoRaBLE Thing Plus is a Feather-footprint development board with the NM180100 system in package (SiP), from Northern Mechatronics.
Thanks to the NM180100, as well as the Ambiq Apollo3 microcontroller and the Semtech SX1262 LoRa transceiver, this Thing Plus is a highly integrated LoRa® module supporting both 868MHz and 915MHz bands and Bluetooth® Low Energy. On top of all else, the expLoRaBLE Thing Plus utilizes the handy Qwiic Connect System which means no soldering or shields are required to connect it to the rest of your system!
The NM180100 SiP includes a Semtech SX1262 LoRa module paired with the Apollo3 MCU, which is used in the SparkFun Artemis Module. This provides the board with compatibility in the Arduino IDE, through the Apollo3 Arduino core. With both the BLE and LoRa capabilities of the expLoRaBLE you will be able to operate as a Bluetooth enabled LoRa node.
You won't have to worry about how to hook up an appropriate antenna, either. The SparkFun expLoRaBLE Thing Plus has been equipped with a simple U.FL connector.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V (regulated from 5V USB-C supply)
- Battery charging circuit (500ma charge rate)
- u.FL Antenna Connector - BLE & RF
- 24 GPIO
- Qwiic Connector for I2C
- Compatible with "The Things Network" LoRaWAN
- NM180100 SiP KEY SPECIFICATIONS
- 863-870 MHz (Europe)
- 902-928 MHZ (US)
- Maximum Transmit Power +22 dBm
- Receiver Sensitivity -147.6 dBm
- Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy:
- 2.402-2.480 GHz
- Maximum Transmit Power +2 dBm
- Receiver Sensitivity -95 dBm
- Ambiq Apollo3 ARM® Cortex® M4 with FPU up to 96MHz
- Arduino IDE through SparkFun Apollo3 Arduino Core
- Flash: 1MB on-chip with external flash support
- RAM: 384 kB
- ISO 7816 secure interface
- Secure Key Storage
- Secure Boot
- Secure OTA
- External Flash Inline Encryption/Decryption
- Eagle Files
- Board Dimensions
- Hookup Guide
- Hardware Component Information:
- Apollo3 MCU:
- SX1262 RF Tranceiver:
- SparkFun Qwiic Connect System
- Arduino Libraries:
- basicmac (ported)
- Apollo3 Software Guides:
- GitHub Hardware Repository
SparkFun LoRa Thing Plus - expLoRaBLE
WRL-17506Out of stock £45.25
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments