The SparkFun Battery Babysitter is an all-in-one single-cell Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery manager.
It’s half battery charger, half battery monitor, and all you’ll ever need to keep your battery-powered project running safely and extensively.
The Battery Babysitter features a pair of Texas Instruments LiPo-management ICs: a BQ24075 battery charger and a BQ27441-G1A fuel gauge.
The charger supports adjustable charge rates of up to 1.5A, as well as USB-compliant 100mA and 500mA options. It also features power-path management, guaranteeing power to your project even if the battery has died.
The self-calibrating, I2C-based BQ27441-G1A measures your battery’s voltage to estimate its charge percentage and remaining capacity. It’s also hooked up to a current-sensing resistor, which allows it to measure current and power! It’s a handy IC to have, if you ever need to keep an extra eye on your project’s power draw.
- LiPo Charger and LiPo Fuel Gauge combined into one board
- DIP-switch-selectable charge rates of 100mA, 500mA or 1.5A
- MicroUSB port for charging, or external options
- Dynamic power-path managment maintains a reliable output supply
- On/Off switch disconnects the battery for more power saving
- 5V-tolerant I2C interface to fuel gauge
- Fuel gauge measures voltage, percentage, and current
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments