Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W Essentials Kitby Pimoroni
Our Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W Essentials kit contains a glorious Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W and all the essentials you need to make it work.
The included Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W has a faster quad-core CPU, support for displays at up to 4K resolution, USB3.0, wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 5.0! You'll also get the necessary cables for plugging in power and a monitor, an SD card preloaded with Raspberry Pi OS and a smart official case to keep your Pi safe.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is a tiny low-cost computer with a massive user base that is perfect for embedded projects. It has the same footprint and 40 pin GPIO arrangement as the Zero and Zero W, so it should be compatible with most existing add-ons.
What's new though, is the very shiny quad-core, 64-bit ARM Cortex CPU - which gives the Zero 2 W (almost) comparable processing power to a Pi 3 (it runs at 1GHz, rather than 1.2GHz). The power of a full size Pi crammed into the Zero footprint - great for tiny retro consoles and any small projects that require more processing oomph than the Zero W can traditionally provide!
This kit includes a 40 pin header, which you can solder on if you want to be able to attach HATs and other add-ons.
Pi Zero boards use a mini HDMI port for connecting to a display and USB micro-B ports for connecting to power and USB devices. Most USB devices (like keyboards and mice) have USB-A connectors, so you might want to consider also picking up a USB micro-B to USB-A adaptor (like the one in our Zero Adaptor Kit) or a hub with a USB micro-B connector.
Note that these kits include a three pin UK power supply.
This handy essentials kit includes everything you need to get started.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
- 1 x 40-pin header (requires soldering)
- 1 x 32GB microSD card (with SD adaptor)
- 1 x Mini HDMI to HDMI cable
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 12.5W Power Supply (UK version!)
- 1 x Official Raspberry Pi Case for Pi Zero 2 W
Building on the success of the current Zero family, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is built around a Raspberry Pi-designed System-in-Package, which integrates the BCM2710A1 die used in Raspberry Pi 3 with 512MB of RAM.
- 1GHz quad-core, 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- VideoCore IV GPU
- 512MB LPDDR2 DRAM
- 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- MicroSD card slot
- Mini HDMI and USB 2.0 OTG ports
- Micro USB power
- HAT-compatible 40-pin header
- Composite video and reset pins via solder test points
- CSI camera connector
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W is footprint-compatible with earlier members of the Zero family.
- Please be aware that the LED on your Zero 2 won't light up if there's no SD card or if there's a problem with the image. SD cards that work in other models of Pi are not guaranteed to work in your Zero 2, so try flashing a fresh image if you're having problems! These instructions from Raspberry Pi will guide you on how to flash Raspberry Pi OS to your SD card.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W Essentials Kit
PIM658Out of stock £37.50
Add more functions to your Pi with a fancy add-on board
Display HAT Mini+ £15.75
Automation HAT Mini+ £18.75
Inventor HAT Mini+ £20.00
Unicorn HAT Mini+ £18.25
Breakout Garden Mini (I2C + SPI)+ £9.00
Reduced availability means we need to share the love ❤️ learn more
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 48,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments