Kitronik MI:power board for the BBC Microbit V2by Kitronik
The MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit brings real portability to your wearable projects.
The stylish, lightweight PCB is designed to fit snugly against the BBC micro:bit and features a built-in buzzer and 3V coin cell holder. This latest version has been redesigned to fit both the the V1 and V2 micro:bit.
When assembled, the MI:power board is connected directly to the 3V, GND and P0 connections on the micro:bit. The 3V and GND connections provide power to the micro:bit and the built-in buzzer is connected to P0, which is the default output pin when using the audio functions in the Block Editor software.
The board has an easy to access on/off switch, which makes it easy to turn a project on and off, rather than have to disconnect the power supply from the BBC micro:bit.
Once the unit is assembled and attached to the BBC micro:bit the mechanical fixings prevent the battery from being removed unless you use a screwdriver, so whatever the use, the battery will remain safely in place.
- Spacers, fixings and a battery are all provided.
- BBC micro:bit is NOT included, they are available separately here.
- This accessory requires some mechanical assembly.
- No Soldering required.
- Works with micro:bit V1 and micro:bit V2.
- Power your BBC micro:bit from a stylish PCB.
- Break free from the tether to the computer and take your project mobile.
- On-Board buzzer.
- Easy access on/off switch.
- Great for micro:bit mood badges, to allow your micro:bit to become a handheld remote control, and much more.
- This accessory is supplied with spacers, fixings and a battery.
- No soldering required.
- 1 x MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit.
- 3 x Counter Sunk M3 Machine Screws.
- 3 x M3 Hex Full Width Nuts.
- 3 x Plastic Spacers.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
Free Laser Cutter DXF Files:
Kitronik have also created some free downloadable resources for you to use with your laser cutter. Included in the downloads are DXF files for designs that fit directly to the Mi:power board that allows you to attach it to your belt, wrist strap, lanyard, stand it on your desk or on a design that can be placed in your garden or a plant pot.
- Length: 51mm.
- Width: 42mm.
- Height: 6mm.
- Build Instructions.
- Watch Mount DXF Zip.
- Plant Spike DXF Zip.
- Lanyard DXF Zip.
- Character DXF Zip.
- Belt Mount DXF Zip.
Caution: Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier