Venus638FLPx is a high performance, low cost, single chip GPS module targeting mobile consumer and cellular handset applications. It offers very low power consumption, high sensitivity, and best in class signal acquisition and time-to-first-fix performance.
Venus638FLPx contains all the necessary components of a complete GPS module, includes 1.2dB cascaded system NF RF front-end, GPS baseband signal processor, 0.5ppm TCXO, 32.768kHz RTC crystal, RTC LDO regulator, and passive components. It requires very low external component count and takes up only 100mm2 PCB footprint.
Note: According to the manufacturer's specifications, the IC requires a 24 hour pre-bake at 125C before SMD mounting in order to prevent issues with moisture .
- -148dBm cold start sensitivity
- -165dBm tracking sensitivity
- 29 second cold start TTFF
- 3.5 second TTFF with AGPS
- 1 second hot start
- 2.5m accuracy
- Multipath detection and suppression
- Jamming detection and mitigation
- SBAS (WAAS / EGNOS) support
- 67mW full power navigation
- Works directly with active or passive antenna
- Internal flash for optional 75K point data logging
- Supports external SPI flash memory data logging
- Complete receiver in 10mm x 10mm x 1.3mm size
- Contains LNA, SAW Filter, TCXO, RTC Xtal, LDO
- 10 x 10 x 1.3mm, LGA69 package
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments