Flora Wearable Bluefruit LE Moduleby Adafruit
Would you like to add powerful and easy-to-use Bluetooth Low Energy to your wearable FLORA project?
With BLE now included in modern smart phones and tablets, its fun to add wireless connectivity. So what you really need is the new Adafruit Flora Bluefruit LE!
The Flora Bluefruit LE makes it easy to add Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to your Flora. Sew 4 traces (or solder 4 wires) and BooM! Bluetooth Low Energy!
Get started fast with the Bluefruit App!
Using Adafuits Bluefruit iOS App or Android App, you can quickly get your interactive project prototyped by using your iOS or Android phone/tablet as a controller. They have a color picker, quaternion/accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer or location (GPS), and an 8-button control game pad. After you connect to the Bluefruit, you can send commands wirelessly in under 10 minutes
For advanced hackers, they'll be very happy to use the standard Nordic UART RX/TX connection profile. In this profile, the Bluefruit acts as a data pipe, that can 'transparently' transmit back and forth from your iOS or Android device. You can use Adafruits iOS App or Android App, or write your own to communicate with the UART service.
You can do a lot more too!
- The Bluefruit can also act like an HID Keyboard (for devices that support BLE HID)
- Can become a BLE Heart Rate Monitor (a standard profile for BLE) - you just need to add the pulse-detection circuitry
- Turn it into a UriBeacon, the Google standard for Bluetooth LE beacons. Just power it and the Bluefruit will bleep out a URL to any nearby devices with the UriBeacon app installed.
- Built in over-the-air bootloading capability so we can keep you updated with the hottest new firmware. Use any Android or iOS device to get updates and install them!
This is the same module and firmware as the BLE UART Friend but in a nice rounded shape, so you can switch between the two and have the same working code. This Bluefruit LE does not have the hardware flow control pins (Flora doesn't need 'em) so it is best used with a microcontroller with hardware serial support (like, y'know, the Flora!)
Check out the tutorial for all of the details that you can dream of!
- ARM Cortex M0 core running at 16MHz
- 256KB flash memory
- 32KB SRAM
- Transport: UART @ 9600 baud
- Bootloader with support for safe OTA (Over The Air) firmware updates
- Easy AT command set to get up and running quickly
- Diameter: 30.5mm / 1.2"
- Height: 4mm / 0.16"
- Weight: 2.5g
- Datasheet, EagleCAD PCB files, and Fritzing available in the product tutorial
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier