Adafruit Mini Relay FeatherWingby Adafruit
This is the Mini Relay FeatherWing. It gives you power to control, and control over power. Put simply, you can now turn on and off lamps, fans, solenoids, and other small appliances that run on up to 250VAC or DC power using any Feather board.
Using our Feather Stacking Headers or Feather Female Headers you can connect a FeatherWing on top of your Feather board and let the board take flight. Check out our range of Feather boards here.
The are two 'flavors' of these FeatherWings.
- The Latching relay requires two pins, a SET and UNSET and instead of keeping the SET pin high, you only have to pulse each pin high for 10ms to latch the relay open or closed. You need two pins but save power. Note, if power is lost, the relay will stay in the last setting.
- The Non-Latching relay has a single Set pin. Normally, the relay's COM pin is connected mechanically to the NC pin and the NO pin is disconnected. When the relay is active, a red LED is lit, and about 50mA of current is used to keep the coil switched on. Note, if power is lost, the relay will go back 'open'.
Both FeatherWings use the same family of relay. You can switch up to 2A of resistive current at 30VDC or ~40VAC or lower. At 110VDC you can switch up to 0.3A, at 120VAC up to 0.5A, and at 250VAC you can switch up to 0.6A. Check the datasheet for the relay for the exact switching capacity, and of course, for reactive/inductive loads you will need to derate. This isn't a relay you can use to turn on and off your washer/dryer, stick to 60W or less.
Each FeatherWing comes with a fully assembled and tested PCB, header you can use to attach to your feather. You also get a 3-pin terminal block you can use to wire up whatever you are going to be relay-controlling. Some light soldering is required.
Please note: If using with high voltages (> 24V) use care and common sense! High voltages require experience, and are only for use by engineers who are comfortable with guidelines and know how to use safely!
Adafruits learn guide covers everything you need to know for the Non-Latching and the Latching Mini Relay FeatherWings!
- 50.8mm x 22.9mm x 11.4mm / 2" x 0.9" x 0.45"
- Weight (just the board): 5.3g
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier