Adafruit I2S 3W Stereo Speaker Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - Mini Kitby Adafruit
Hey Mr. DJ! Turn up that Raspberry Pi mix to the max with this cute 3W Stereo Amplifier Bonnet*.
The bonnet uses I2S, a digital sound standard, so you get really crisp audio. The digital data goes right into the amplifier so there's no static like you hear from the headphone jack. And it's super easy to get started. Just plug in any 4Ω to 8Ω speakers, up to 3W, run Adafruit's installer script on any Raspberry Pi, reboot, and you're ready to jam!
It's the exact same size as a Raspberry Pi Zero but works with any and all Raspberry Pis with a 2x20 connector. Tested with Raspbian and Retropie.
Each order comes as a fully tested and assembled PCB and 2x extra terminal blocks. No soldering required if you're using a 3 Watt speaker set, just plug and play. You can either plug a pair of speakers right into the JST jack in the middle, or you can solder the terminal blocks in and then connect any speaker you like! Hey, you can even use a surface transducer!
The tutorial will get you set up, and you'll be rockin' out in 15 minutes.
Don't forget to make sure you have a reliable 5V power supply!
- I2S digital audio
- Drives 4-8Ω 3W speakers
- Connect speakers via JST or screw terminal blocks
- 2x20 header and 2x terminal blocks included
Pi Zero and speakers not included!
The terminal blocks included with your product may be blue or black.
- Instructions, datasheets, schematics, files, Fritzing object and more in the product guide
- Revision History: As of March 16, 2018 this bonnet now comes with the 2x20 female header already soldered on
- Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 30.0mm x 7.2mm / 2.6" x 1.2" x 0.3"
- Product Weight: 7.4g / 0.3oz
*It's not big enough to be an official HAT, so they called it a bonnet, you see?
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier