The XBee3 Thing Plus is an ultra capable and easy way for getting into wireless device development.
The combination of XBee and Qwiic in a space conscious design represents a much needed update to our XBee offering. With 20 I/O pins and Lithium Polymer Ion battery management, the XBee3 Thing Plus has all the basics for quickly prototyping or developing a connected device such as a remote sensor. The Qwiic connector and JST connector for the battery make for a solder-less option when working with the board which shortens setup time.
The new XBee3 Micro Module provides the classic all-but plug and play 802.15.4 2.4GHz wireless connection (Zigbee 3.0 Protocol) that makes it so desirable, but with a new addition of being programmable with MicroPython (32KB of memory available for it). RF data rates up to 250 Kbps and 200ft indoor ranges and up to 4000ft line-of-sight outdoor range. Communicating with/Configuring the module happens via an AT Command set or the Digi API, X-CTU, both locally or over-the-air. There's even a mobile version of X-CTU now; Digi XBee® Mobile.
This variation features a U.FL antenna connector for longer range communications. Check out the related products for compatible antennas.
- XBee3 Micro Module
- Silicon Labs EFR32MG SoC
- 250Kbps RF, 1Mbps Serial data rates
- Indoor/Urban range up to 200 ft (60 m)
- Outdoor/RF Line of Sight range up to 4000 ft (1200 m)
- +8 dBm transmit power
- -103 dBm receiver sensitivity
- UART, I2C, SPI Interfaces (SPI currently not available at this time, but broken out on the board)
- ISM 2.4GHz Frequency Band (802.15.4)
- 1MB of memory, 128KB RAM (32KB available for MicroPython)
- 20 GPIO Pins
- Configurable via X-CTU or AT Command set via both USB and Wirelessly (second XBee 3 device required for wireless configuration unless you're using the mobile app)
- Qwiic Compatible
- On-board charging circuit and connector for 3.3v Lithium Polymer Ion Batteries (see related products for compatible batteries)
- 2.6VDC - 3.6VDC supply voltage
- U.FL Antenna Connector
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments