The SparkFun Qwiic BMP581 Pressure Sensor is a standard-sized, 1in. by 1in. absolute pressure sensor breakout from Bosch Sensortec.
The BMP581 boasts exceptional resolution (down to 1/64Pa) and accuracy while maintaining on-chip linearization and temperature compensation to provide true absolute data for pressure and temperature. The Qwiic Pressure Sensor communicates over I2C by default, utilizing our handy Qwiic Connect System so no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your boards. However, SparkFun still routed the I2C signals out to a set of 0.1”-spaced pins for users who prefer a soldered connection. You can also configure the board to communicate over SPI using the same 0.1"-spaced pins.
The BMP581 has a wide pressure sensing range (30 to 125kPa) with excellent accuracy across the sensing range (± 0.5hPa (max)), as well as output data rates up to 622Hz (SparkFun have only regularly achieved 500Hz in testing, though). The sensor includes a configurable oversampling setting, FIFO buffer for storing up to 32 pressure samples, programmable low-pass filtering and even 6-bytes of user-programmable non-volatile memory. All of this allows you to customize the performance based on your application's requirements. Even without filtering, the BMP581 has very low noise (< 0.1Pa RMS).
The sensor has five operating modes: Normal, Forced, Continuous, Standby, and Deep Standby. Deep Standby consumes the least amount of current at just 1.5µA (typical) and peak current consumption by the sensor is 260µA.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- Supply Voltage Range: 1.71V - 3.6V
- Current Draw:
- 260µA - Max draw during measurements
- 1.3µA - at 1 Hz in Low Power Mode
- 0.55µA - Absolute minimum in Deep Standby mode
- Data Transfer Rates:
- I2C - 1MHz
- SPI - 12MHz
- 6-bytes of Non-Volatile Memory
- Pressure Sensing Range: 30 - 125kPa
- Pressure Data Resolution: 1/64Pa
- Absolute Pressure Accuracy: ±0.5hPa
- Temperature Sensing Range: -40 - 85 °C
- Output Data Rate: 0.125 - 240Hz (Normal Mode)
- Max Output Data Rate: 622Hz (Continuous Mode, 1x Oversampling)
- I2C Address: 0x47 (Default), 0x46 (Alternate)
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
SparkFun Pressure Sensor - BMP581 (Qwiic)
SEN-20170Out of stock £16.75
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments