Featuring the AP63203 from Diodes Inc, this breakout board takes advantage of a 2A synchronous buck converter that has a wide input voltage range of 3.8V to 32V and fully integrated 125mΩ high-side power MOSFET/68mΩ lowside power MOSFET to provide high-efficiency step-down DC/DC conversion.
All of this snuggled up in a low-profile, TSOT26 package that's integrated into a 0.4in by 0.5in board.
Unlike it's sibling, the BabyBuck sacrifices power option flexibility for space. Don't worry, though, because you can still use the plated through holes for input and output power. With some simple right-angle headers, you'll be up and running in no time.
Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) reduces EMI and a proprietary gate driver scheme resists switching node ringing without sacrificing MOSFET turn-on and turn-off times, which further erases high-frequency radiated EMI noise.
- Low-Profile Footprint
- VIN 3.8V to 32V
- VOUT 3.3V
- Up to 2A Continuous Output Current
- 0.8V ± 1% Reference Voltage
- 22µA Ultralow Quiescent Current
- Switching Frequency - 1.1MHz
- Supports Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM)
- Up to 80% Efficiency at 1mA Light Load
- Up to 88% Efficiency at 5mA Light Load
- Fixed Output Voltage - 3.3V
- Proprietary Gate Driver Design for Best EMI Reduction
- Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) to Reduce EMI
- Precision Enable Threshold to Adjust UVLO
- Protection Circuitry
- Overvoltage Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments