The SparkFun Qwiic 9DoF IMU Breakout combines the high-performance ISM330DHCX 3D digital accelerometer and gyroscope from STMicroelectronics with the highly sensitive MMC5983MA triple-axis magnetometer by MEMSIC to give you an ultra powerful and easy to use Qwiic enabled breakout board.
Utilizing the handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, SparkFun still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
With a full scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16g and a wide angular rate range of ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000/±4000dps, as well as an unmatched set of embedded features (Machine Learning Core, programmable FSM, FIFO, sensor hub, event decoding and interrupts), the ISM330DHCX delivers high performance at very low power. Add the MMC5983MA, which can measure magnetic fields within the full scale range of ±8 Gauss (G), with 0.25mG/0.0625mG per LSB resolution at 16bits/18bits operation mode and 0.4 mG total RMS noise level and you have Nine Degrees of Freedom on one little board.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- ISM330DHCX 6DoF IMU
- 1.71V to 3.6V supply voltage
- ±2/±4/±8/±16g 3D accelerometer with selectable full scale
- ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000/±4000dps 3D gyroscope with extended selectable full scale
- Temperature range: -40 to +105°C
- Embedded compensation for high stability over temperature
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for data output of gyroscope and accelerometer (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Six-channel synchronized output
- Sensor hub feature to collect data from additional external sensors
- Embedded smart FIFO up to 9kB
- Programmable Finite State Machine to process data from accelerometer, gyroscope, and external sensors
- Machine Learning Core
- Smart embedded functions and interrupts: tilt detection, free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Embedded pedometer, step detector and counter
- Embedded temperature sensor
- I2C Address: 0x6B (Default), 0x6A (Alternate)
- MMC5983MA Magnetometer
- 2.8V to 3.6V supply voltage
- 1µA power down current
- Fully integrated 3-axis magnetic sensor
- Dynamic range and accuracy:
- ±8G FSR
- 18bits operation
- 0.4mG total RMS noise
- Enables heading accuracy of ±0.5º
- Max output data rate of 1000Hz
- On-chip sensitivity compensation
- On-chip temperature sensor
- I2C Address: 0x30
- 2x Qwiic Horizontal Connectors
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!