The Pi2Go Mk2 is the evolution of the very popular original Pi2Go, first shipped in April 2015.
The major changes are:
- Improved assembly method, particularly the motor mounts
- No wires for attaching the battery packs
- Better quality wheels with high grip tyres
- Wheel sensors built into both wheels
- Programmatic access to the raw battery voltage
- Improved analog light sensors – one in each corner
- 10 individually addressable Smart RGB LEDs
- 2 edge connectors compatible with Pimoroni’s Breakout Garden with full access to I2C signals and individual GPIO signals
- Improved motor controller allowing higher speeds and optional braking on stop
- Ultrasonic Breakout included
- IP Display Breakout included
* Raspberry Pi, & batteries not included
- Requires 6 x AA rechargeable battery cells (not included)
- Supports all versions of 40-pin Raspberry Pi
- Motor controller: DRV8833
- Analog input (light sensors and battery) MCP3008
- Switching 5V power supply using TPS5430
- 10 x SK6812-3535 Smart RGB LEDs (compatible with neopixels) – on battery board
- On/Off switch with Blue indicator LED – on battery board
- 2 x TCRT5000 infra-red obstacle sensors (front corners)
- 4 x SFH3710 light sensors (all 4 corners)
- 2 x TCRT5000 infra-red line follower sensors
- 6mm tact switch for programmatic use
- 4 x servo connections – direct from GPIO pins, with 5V and Gnd signals
- 2 x optical wheel sensors with 20 slot encoder wheels (ie. 20 pulses per revolution)
- 2 slots for breakout boards, including ultrasonic distance sensor and IP Display. These slots are compatible with Pimoroni’s Breakout Garden range. Why not add an OLED display or TOF sensor, or even one of the accelerometer breakouts?
- Overall size with wheels attached: 148 x 118 x 98mm (length x width x height)
- Weight (excluding Raspberry Pi & batteries): 282g
- 7 x AA Battery Board: This is a longer version of the standard top battery board that can take 7 rechargeable batteries. This provides more head room for the power supply to cope with additional loads - very useful when using Raspberry Pi 4.
- 2 x 18650 Battery Board: This replaces the standard battery board with a much more compact board that takes 2 of the 18650 (unprotected, 65mm long) lithium cells. This gives much lower internal resistance on the batteries and so can drive peaks of current very well indeed. Technically the best solution for Raspberry Pi 4 and 4WD, but not everyone will want to use 18650 batteries.
Pi2Go Mk2 Robot for Raspberry Pi
4TR-PI2GO2Out of stock £60.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments