The Kitronik TriColour LED board is a pre-built strip board designed for low-power lighting displays, such as edge-lit signs and illustrations.
It has been designed such that its power requirement is within the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA).
The Tri-Colour board features 15 LEDs; 5 x green, 5 x blue, and 5 x Red running in three colour rows down the length of the board. This allows for edge-lit designs featuring three separately lit acrylic sign parts, making it a great platform for more ambitious and imaginative designs.
The PCB is approximately 75mm long, 17mm wide, and is provided with a pair of M3 mounting holes, and sets of alignment holes to align 3mm (nominal) acrylic with the LEDs. The side-mounted switch can be used to turn on/off the LEDs. An additional switch can be connected in parallel with the PCB switch to allow remote mounting within an enclosure.
When using a remote switch the PCB-mounted switch should be left switched to ‘Off’. The remote switch is wired across the pads marked +5V and Switched Voltage.
Power is supplied to the tri-colour board via a Micro USB power connector. It is possible to connect a non-USB power supply to the board via the 5V and 0V pads. Caution: voltages over 5.5V may cause damage to the board. Wire to +5V and 0V to use the onboard switch, or wire the 5V to a remote switch and then into the Switched Voltage and 0V pads to use a remote switch.
It is possible to wire one switch to control several boards simultaneously. Caution: voltages over 5V may cause permanent damage to the board.
- Level up your edge-lit signs, static displays, and illustrations with the TriColour LED board.
- 5 LEDs; 5 x green, 5 x blue, and 5 x Red running in three colour rows down the length of the board.
- It has been designed such that it is within the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA).
- The PCB is approximately 75mm long, 17mm wide.
- There are two M3 mounting holes.
- The LEDs are controlled by an onboard on/off switch, there are also pads to allow you to connect a remote switch.
- Power is supplied to the board via a Micro USB power connector.
- The board also features power pads to allow for powering via a non-USB power source.
- One remote on/off switch can be used to multiple boards simultaneously.
- 1 x Kitronik TriColour LED board.
- Length: 75mm.
- Width: 17mm.
- Max Height: 7mm.
- 1 x USB Power Lead. Or;
- 1 x USB Power Supply.
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Kitronik - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments