Be the belle of the ball with the NeoPixel Jewel!
Seven tiny 5050 (5mm x 5mm) smart RGB LEDs fit onto a beautiful, round PCB with mounting holes and a chainable design to create possibly the most elegant (and evening-wear appropriate) NeoPixel board yet.
- Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together!
- Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED.
- Each one has ~18mA constant current drive so the color will be very consistent even if the voltage varies, and no external choke resistors are required making the design slim.
- Power the whole thing with 5VDC and you're ready to rock.
The LEDs are 'chainable' by connecting the output of one Jewel into the input of another. There is a single data line with a very timing-specific protocol. Since the protocol is very sensitive to timing, it requires a real-time microconroller such as an AVR, Arduino, PIC, mbed, etc. It cannot be used with a Linux-based microcomputer or interpreted microcontroller such as the netduino or Basic Stamp. Adafruits wonderfully-written Neopixel library for Arduino supports these pixels! As it requires hand-tuned assembly it is only for AVR cores but others may have ported this chip driver code so please google around. An 8MHz or faster processor is required.
Comes as a single round board with 7 individually addressable RGB LEDs assembled and tested.
Adafruits detailed NeoPixel Uberguide has everything you need to use NeoPixels in any shape and size. Including ready-to-go library & example code for the Arduino UNO/Duemilanove/Diecimila, Flora/Micro/Leonardo, Trinket/Gemma, Arduino Due & Arduino Mega/ADK (all versions)
Adafruit NeoPixel Jewel - 7 x WS2812 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers
ADA2226Out of stock £5.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments