Get more from :MOVE mini for the BBC microbit with the servo driven Tipper Truck add-on. Code it via the MakeCode Editor & use your buggy as a construction bot.
With this Tipper Truck add-on for :MOVE mini for the BBC microbit, everyone's favourite little programmable robot buggy just got much better. Robots often do more than just :MOVE from A to B, and with this add-on so can :MOVE mini.
Previously on :MOVE mini, we; drew shapes, controlled it via bluetooth, controlled it with a second microbit, and we also coded a variety of light shows. Now, it can totally carry and dump stuff too!
This self assembly Tipper Truck add-on kit is made from the same materials as :MOVE mini, designed in keeping with the :MOVE mini aesthetic, and also comes with the servo required to move the Tipper Truck trailer up and down.
There is a very simple Servo:Lite board hack that enables the control of the third servo, you can find out how here. Once the kit is fully assembled, the Tipper Truck can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- This kit requires mechanical assembly.
- When attached to :MOVE mini this kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Code it with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- 1 x Set of Tipper Truck parts.
- 1 x Mini 180 Degree Servo.
- 8 x M2 6mm Pan head steel screw.
- 5 x M2 16mm Pan head steel screw.
- 8 x M2 Hex Full width nut.
- 2 x 6mm Counter sunk M3 screw.
- 2 x 10mm Counter sunk M3 screw.
- 2 x M3 Washers.
- Length: 100mm.
- Width: 65mm.
- Height: 61mm.