The RN-52 Bluetooth from Roving Networks is an audio module that makes it simple for you to create a hands free audio system for your car or remote control your media center.
With this breakout board SparkFun have made it easy for you to drop it into any project you could use it for. All pertinent headers are broken out and labeled for your convenience.
The RN-52 module combines a class 2 Bluetooth radio with an embedded digital signal processor (DSP). The module is programmed and controlled with a simple ASCII command language. It provides a UART interface, several user programmable I/O pins, stereo speaker outputs, microphone inputs, and a USB port.
- Fully qualified Bluetooth module
- FCC Certified
- Fully configurable UART
- Dual-channel, differential audio input and output
- Supports iAP profile
- Low power sleep mode
- Maximum over air data rate of 3.0Mbps
- Compatible with all Bluetooth products that support SPP (almost all do)
- Embedded Bluetooth stack profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP/HSP, and SPP
- 3.0 ~ 3.6V operation
- Bluetooth Technology v3.0 compatible
- Class 2 power output