This is the LSM9DS0, a versatile motion-sensing system-in-a-chip that houses a 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, and 3-axis magnetometer. That's right, 9 degrees of freedom (9dof) from a single IC!
Each sensor in the LSM9DS0 supports a wide range of, well, ranges: the accelerometer’s scale can be set to ± 2, 4, 6, 8, or 16 g, the gyroscope supports ± 245, 500, and 2000 °/s, and the magnetometer has full-scale ranges of ± 2, 4, 8, or 12 gauss. Additionally, the LSM9DS0 includes an I2C serial bus interface supporting standard and fast mode (100 kHz and 400 kHz) and an SPI serial standard interface.
- 3 acceleration channels, 3 angular rate channels, 3 magnetic field channels
- ±2/±4/±6/±8/±16 g linear acceleration full scale
- ±2/±4/±8/±12 gauss magnetic full scale
- ±245/±500/±2000 dps angular rate full scale
- 16-bit data output
- SPI / I2C serial interfaces
- Analog supply voltage 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Programmable interrupt generators
- Embedded self-test
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO