The SiFive Learn Inventor is a RISC-V based microcontroller development system, featuring a clock speed of 150MHz, 512Kb flash storage, BLE, WiFi, 6x8 widescreen full spectrum LEDs, 16KB instruction cache, and 64KB of SRAM.
This low-cost computer is a fantastic new development vehicle for makers, students, and academics to explore the open world of RISC-V and is a great entry point to jump into the Internet of Things devices.
The SiFive Learn Inventor development system is built on SiFive’s most powerful pocket-sized RISC-V microcontroller to date, jam-packed with functionality, and offered at an unbeatable price point. Fully compatible with the Amazon FreeRTOS real-time operating system, the SiFive Learn Inventor provides a platform for RISC-V product and software development of IoT devices. This board is also AWS certified to connect to AWS IoT Core services.
- 6x8 “widescreen” array of RGB LEDs, each LED can display any of 262,000 colors
- LEDs can expand off board onto external arrays via the edge connector
- The latest SiFive FE310-G003 RISC-V processor with 64KB of internal SRAM
- Single-clock-per-instruction operation of 150 MHz
- High accuracy (trimmed) Real Time Clock on board
- 512 KB of flash for program storage
- A/D Converters (four) accessed via on-board coprocessor
BLE and WIFi:
- Bluetooth Low Energy for BLE and Beacon applications, class 1.5 power
- WiFi full-stack provided by latest Espressif ESP32 on-board modem
- Write-to-flash functionality for programs downloaded over the air from WiFi or Bluetooth
- Industry-standard interfaces available via edge connector - I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO. Programmable functionality of most pins on the edge connector
- 2 fully programmable push buttons (A/B) on the front of the board, and a master “hard reset” button on the rear of the board
- MicroUSB port can be used for programming and debugging, as well as supplying module power
- Battery operation: works with any battery combination down to ~2.3 V (3 x AA recommended)
- Low power operation is enabled through multiple power domains and a low-power standby mode
- Programming via simple drag-and-drop interface for USB, and also via BLE/WiFi
- eCompass module provides 3-axis acceleration and magnetometer information
- Ambient light sensor
- Thermometer accurate to 1°C over the range -40° to +85°C (-40° to +185° F)
Standards and Compliance:
- Fully compliant with world-wide safety standards and regulations
- Fully eco compliant and eco-friendly: RoHS / CaProp 65 / WEEE / REACH / EPEAT.
- The module, its accessories and its packaging are all recyclable and compliant with the most stringent standards world-wide.
Open-source software for the SiFive Learn Inventor, including FreeRTOS, MicroPython and SDK is available for free download.
Access the Getting Started Guide and FreeRTOS Download at https://github.com/sifive/Amazon-FreeRTOS.
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
With 15 offices worldwide, SiFive backed by technology leaders like Qualcomm, Intel, Western Digital, Huami, and SK Hynix. For more information go to www.sifive.com.