This ethernet Physical Layer Transceiver (PHY) module with RMII interface is an interesting, hacky way of hooking your Raspberry Pi Pico up to the internet.
There have been a few examples that use these modules to connect Pico to ethernet so we thought we'd make them a bit easier to get hold of. They're a neat way of playing around with internet connectivity on the Pico (or other microcontroller with ethernet PHY support).
Check out Alasdair's post on the Raspberry Pi blog for more info, wiring instructions and how to set up a tiny web server with the Pico SDK. If that's not cutting edge enough for ya, there's also an experimental 100Mbit hack here!
You can find jumper jerky, breadboards and other useful supplies under the extras tab.
- 10/100 Ethernet Physical Layer Transceiver (PHY)
- Supports single 3.3V supply
- Supports the reduced pin count RMII interface
- Supports HP Auto-MDIX
- Onboard chip package: 24-pin QFN (4x4 mm) Lead-Free RoHS Compliant package
- Flexible Power Management Architecture
- Integrated 1.2V regulator
- I/O voltage range: +1.6V to +3.6V
- Embedded web server
- LAN8720 ETH Board × 1
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier