The RevPi Compact is an open source compact control system based on the Raspberry Pi 3+ Compute Module.
The open platform concept (including full root rights) allows the user maximum design freedom in the implementation of his projects.
To connect sensors and actuators, the RevPi Compact is equipped with eight digital and analog inputs each as well as eight digital and two analog outputs. In addition, the device has also a 4-pole RS485 interface with screw terminals. Two Ethernet interfaces (each with a separate MAC address) enable the device to be integrated in two different networks at the same time.
The flat design of the RevPi Compact makes it possible to install it in a subdistribution system that is usually found in building automation.
A customized Raspbian with Real-Time Patch is used as operating system. Individual applications can be programmed via, amongst other things, Node-RED, Python or directly in C. The popular industrial protocols Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP are supported by default.
Those who do not want to program by themselves can optionally use professional soft PLC and SCADA software for control and visualization.
- 2 x RJ45 10/100 Ethernet (using separate MAC addresses)
- 4 x USB A (total current draw from all sockets max. 2 A)
- 1 x RS485 max. 500 kbps, termination switchable by software (not galvanically isolated)
- 1 x Micro-USB (solely for image transfer to eMMC)
- 1 x HDMI
- 8 x digital inputs
- 24 V DC, input thresholds: At 24 V DC compatible according to EN 61131-2 to type I and III sensors
- 8 x digital outputs
- High-side with 10 k pull down resistor, short-circuit proof (internal temperature switch-off), potential separation system/digital outputs, maximum current per output: 500 mA @ 24 V DC (resistive load), sum of all outputs: max. 2 A @24 V DC (resistive load)
- 8 x analog inputs
- 0-10 V DC, single ended, 16 Bit at piControl, 21 Bit raw value, 2.5 mA current source activatable by software
- 2 x analog outputs
- 0-10 V, short-circuit proof, protection against backfeeding, 8-bit resolution, 1 % accuracy, max. current load: 10 mA (10V DC @ 1 k)
|Housing dimensions (H x W x D)||90 x 160.6 x 58 mm|
|Housing type||DIN rail housing (for DIN rail version EN 50022)|
|Weight||Approx. 290 g|
|Processor||Broadcom BCM2837B0 quad-core ARM Cortex A53|
|Clock rate||1.2 GHz|
|Processor cooling||Passive with heat sink|
|eMMC flash memory||8 GB|
|EERAM persistent memory||2 kB|
|Power supply - device||Typ. 24 V DC (10.8 ... 28.8 V DC)|
|Power supply - digital outputs||Typ. 24 V DC (11.4 ... 28.8 V DC)|
|Max. power consumption||20 W (incl. max. 10 W USB)|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C...+55 °C|
|Storage temperature||-40 °C...+85 °C|
|Humidity (at 40 °C)||93 % (non-condensing)|
|Software interface of inputs and outputs||Via GPIOs and process image|
|EMC interference emission||According to EN 61000-6-4|
|EMC immunity||According to EN 61000-6-2|
|Buffer time RTC||Min. 24 h|
|Optical indicator||3 status LEDs (bi-color), 2 of them freely programmable|