What could be better than Adafruit's PiTFT than Adafruit's PiTFT nestled in this handsome midnight-blue enclosure?
The case is crafted out of ten unique layers which assemble to make a strong and attractive home for your precious Pi.
Each layer is laser cut from colourful high-quality cast acrylic and once stacked they securely contain a Raspberry Pi while leaving the primary ports, including the CSI camera port, accessible.
Weighing only 104 grams the case is lightweight and ideal for mounting to any surface. Held together by nylon bolts no tools are required for assembly or disassembly.
- Fits a Raspberry Pi Model B with Adafruit PiTFT addon board
- Provides a breakout for the GPIO extender through layer 4
- Slim profile
- Cut-out top to allow access to the touch screen and optional switches
- High-quality cast acrylic
- Protects your Raspberry Pi and PiTFT
- Leaves primary ports accessible
- Colourful, durable, and most of all fun!
- No tools required
Routing a GPIO cable to the header on PiTFT
To route a GPIO cable out of the case from the header on the PiTFT you need to snap away the thin section from layer 4 (as shown in the image below):
- Does not include Adafruit PiTFT or Raspberry Pi
- Does not fit the 'vintage' Rev.1 Raspberry Pi Model B. The P2 JTAG header gets in the way.
- Only suitable for the Model B Raspberry Pi