Mood Light - Pi Zero WH Project Kitby Pimoroni
A beautifully modern Mood Light that'll look great on your bedside table, bookcase, or desk, and it's internet-connected!
Updated version! Our Mood Light Kit now includes a Raspberry Pi Zero WH and a brand spanking new Unicorn HAT Mini - this means you now get 119 LEDs instead of 32, four programmable buttons and there's now absolutely no soldering required. Nice!
Our Mood Light Kit has everything* you'll need to build a sleek looking light that evokes a real pendant light, and uses our Unicorn HAT Mini board packed with 119 teeny tiny RGB LEDs. Set it to a single colour, have it fade through all the colours of the rainbow, or harness the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero WH. It'll take around 30 minutes to assemble everything** (check out our assembly guide for details).
- Pi Zero WH
- Unicorn HAT Mini with a 17x7 matrix of RGB LEDs
- White and yellow pendant light stand and diffuser
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalise your Mood Light!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
*Just add your own micro-SD card
Mood Light uses our popular Unicorn HAT Mini board, with 119 individually controllable RGB LEDs, giving you a veritable rainbow full of colour possibilities. The stand cleverly mounts the Pi Zero WH and Unicorn HAT Mini at just the right angle to cast the light through the pendant light cutout and diffuse it beautifully.
The built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero WH opens up a wealth of opportunities: connect it to your Twitter feed and track the mood of your recent tweets, or fade through the sunset and sunrise colours once you've pulled the daily sunset/sunrise times from your favourite weather server.
- 17x7 matrix of RGB LEDs
- 4 programmable buttons
- 3-layer white and yellow pendant light stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero WH with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
We've put together a Python library for Unicorn HAT Mini that makes it simple to control individual LED's colour and brightness, display images or test, make games, and more. There's some really fun examples of how to use the buttons for games, with Simon Says and a fun little Columns-type game with coloured, falling blocks.
You can find a getting started tutorial for Unicorn HAT Mini here.
If you have a Unicorn HAT Mini you won't be able to use the old Unicorn pHAT library - please make sure you're using the one linked above!
Assembled size of Mood Light is 85x125x70mm (WxHxD).
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier