Invent on the go – and change the world – with the snap of an alligator clip, transforming everyday objects into Internet touchpads.
Makey Makey GO allows today’s tinkerers, dreamers, and makers the mobility to invent anytime, anywhere.
Small enough to fit on your keychain or in your pocket, Makey Makey GO promises to inspire even more science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) projects than the original, award-winning Makey Makey – named one of Consumer Reports’ “Best Tech Toys of 2014.”
- Turn everyday objects like bananas into touchpads!
- Connect the world around you to your computer! Setup takes just seconds.
- Just plug, clip, and play! No programing knowledge needed. No software to install.
- Works with Mac and Windows.
- 1000s of possibilities! Make Cardboard Smart Swords, Slack Line Score Boards, and
- Animal Skype Phones.
- Ages 6 to infinity.
- 1 USB Invention Stick
- case with magnet
- 1 white alligator clip (2.5 ft),
- instruction guide.
How are Makey Makey Classic and Makey Makey GO different?
The Makey Makey Classic works through opening and closing circuits, just like
any other button. Instead of the circuit being closed underneath your keyboard,
the circuit is closed through the conductive objects you connect with alligator clips
like your hand or your lunch or some tinfoil. When the circuit is closed, the Makey
Makey sends a command to your computer.
The Makey Makey GO works through capacitance, like a gridpoint on a
touchscreen. When you connect something to the Makey Makey GO, the GO
senses the capacity of that object to hold electricity. When you touch the object,
that capacity suddenly expands to include your whole body! And the Makey
Makey GO senses the different and sends a command to your computer.