Attach anything to anything with magnets + Sugru!
This kit turns you into a product designer in your own home.
By simply attaching magnets, you'll make so many things in your life easier to use.
- Three 5g single-use packs of Pitch Black Sugru
- Four bespoke neodymium magnets
- One awesome booklet full of projects and tips to get you started
- All lovingly packed in a handy Sugru tin
Note: if you store your unopened packs of Sugru in the fridge, it extends the number of months left to use by x3!
Sugru is the incredible new self-setting rubber for fixing and improving your gadgets and tools and for tricky little fixes in your engineering projects.
Sugru is formed by hand or with simple tools. It feels like play dough, and it's that easy to use too. It bonds to almost anything and turns into a strong, flexible silicone rubber overnight. Once cured, its durable properties mean it's comfortable in extreme environments from the dishwasher to the ocean to Antarctica.
Sugru is designed to stick to as many other materials as possible including aluminium, steel, ceramics, glass, wood, Perspex, and ABS and rubbers like silicone and butyl rubber. As Sugru is a silicone rubber, it feels soft to touch when it has cured, and is also grippy. This makes it perfect for handles, grips, pads and flexible waterproof repairs. Once cured, in most cases, you can remove Sugru with a sharp knife and then remove residue with tissue paper.
Top 10 uses of Sugru with gadgets and electronics:
- Repair and strengthen damaged cables
- Mount components semi-permanently e.g. webcams / microphones / wires / switches
- Replace missing feet on speakers, laptops etc.
- Mount components, and add feet to PCBs
- Repair casings / housings on computers and earphones
- Insulate wires
- Strengthen attachments, protect against vibration
- Enclose prototype electronics, make them waterproof
- Add feet under hard drives to allow air to circulate underneath
- Make awesome custom housings for USB flash drives
Please note: These kits are not toys and should be kept out of the reach of children. The magnets are strong so please handle with care!