The TMF8801 is a time-of-flight (ToF) distance ranging sensor that uses the time difference between light pulses to measure distance.
It provides single zone detection of an object irrespective of the color, reflectivity and texture of the object.
The TMF8801 offers high dynamic range and detection sensing measurements from 2-250cm distances. The device can make highly accurate distance measurements within ±5% and is capable of operation in dark environments and in the presence of sunlight.
A built-in histogram is featured to deliver dynamic cover glass calibration and crosstalk compensation and background light noise is minimized through on-chip sunlight rejection filters.
The TMF8801 outputs data through a I2C fast-mode communications interface and an integrated micro controller, which is featured with all algorithms included on-chip with no need for external optics.
- 21º FOI, detect the object closest to the center
- 20–2500mm distance sensing
- Enables dark and sunlight environment distance measurement within ±5%
- A built-in histogram for compensating for dirt and smudges on cover glass
- 940nm VCSEL Class 1 Eye Safety
- Low power consumption:
- 940μA power consumption at 10Hz(proximity mode)
- 26mA power consumption at 60Hz (distance and proximity mode)
- 0.26μA power-down current consumption (EN=0)
- 3D face recognition
- Proximity detection
- Presence detection
- Object detection
- Distance measurement
- Collision avoidance
- Operating Voltage: 2.7~3.3V
- Operating Current: ＜1.5mA
- Proximity Detection Range: 20-100mm
- Distance Sensing Range: 100-2500mm
- Operating Temperature: -30~60℃
- Communication Interface: Breakout 2.54mm-8Pin I2C
- Dimension: 21*14.5mm/0.83*0.57"
- Mounting Hole Size: 2.0mm
- Mounting Hole Pitch: 17mm
- Fermion: TMF8801 ToF Distance Ranging Sensor (20-2500mm) x1
- 2.54-8P Black Single-row Connector x1
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier