COM.GPS is a NEO-M8N based satellite positioning module for use with M5Stack Core stackable development kits, equipped with an external, active antenna.
The NEO-M8N GPS receiver integrates a 72-channel u-blox M8 GNSS engine that supports multiple GNSS systems (Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS) and is able to receive 3 GNSS systems simultaneously. It provides high sensitivity and minimal acquisition times while maintaining low system power. Programmable flash memory is integrated inside the module, so it's possible to update the firmware.
This module's high sensitivity, small static drift, low power consumption and compact size make it useful for applications in vehicles, handheld devices such as PDAs, vehicle monitoring, mobile phones, cameras and other mobile positioning systems. M5Core communicates with this GPS module via UART, and the serial port connection pins can be modified through the dial switch on the back.
- This module will only be able to pick up a GPS signal outdoors!
- UART protocol: baud rate (default is 9600bps), data bit (8 bits), start bit (1 bit), stop bit (1 bit), check bit (none).
- You can change the serial port baud rate and reflash the firmware via u-center-just-for-Windows.
- COM.GPS RXD/TXD can be connected to M5Stack Core's UART (TX(0/13/17)RX(5/15/16)) by setting the DIP switch. M5Stack Fire uses GPIO16 and GPIO17 for its PSRAM by default, so if you're using one of those it's recommended to use any one of the remaining two groups of pins.
- The right dial switch is invalid for this module, no need to set.
- Antenna type: external GPS antenna
- External antenna port: SMA
- Can receive data from 3 GNSS systems at the same time
- Horizontal position accuracy: minimum 2.5m
- GPS module (NEO-M8N) built-in flash memory, so you can upgrade firmware via u-center-just-for-Windows.
- Protocol: NMEA, UBX, RTCM
- Industry leading -167dBm sensitivity
- Backward compatible with NEO‑7 and NEO‑6 series
- 1x COM.GPS Module
- 1x External antenna(length: 1 m)
- GPS-based logistics tracking management
- Driverless car positioning
|Receiver type||GPS: L1C/A
|Positioning time||Cold start: 26S
Hot start: 1.5S
|Update rate||Separate GNSS 10Hz
Parallel GNSS 5Hz
|Working voltage||2.7 ~ 3.6|
|Working temperature||-40 ~ 80°C|