Fully-integrated robot for the micro:bit.
This (almost) ready-assembled robot requires no soldering, no wires and nothing more than a screwdriver to complete it.
The Bit:Bot fully engages children and adults alike, allowing you to explore and code the micro:bit using any of the languages available (not all features are supported in all languages).
Check out these features:
- 2 micro-metal gear motors. Both fully controllable in software, for both speed (0 to 100%) and direction (forward or reverse)
- Wheels with rubber tyres for maximum grip
- 12 mini neopixels in 2 sets of 6 along the arms either side. Select any colour for any pixel, produce stunning lighting effects as your Bit:Bot moves around
- 2 digital line-following sensors. Code your own line-following robots and race them to see whose code produces the fastest lap time!
- 2 analog light sensors (front left and front right) so your Bit:Bot can be programmed to follow a light source such as a torch, or you could code it to go and hide in the darkest place it can find
- Buzzer, so you can make beeping sounds whenever you want
- Powered from integrated 3xAA battery holder with on/off switch and blue indicator LED
- Easily plug your micro:bit in and out using the edge connector
- Expansion connections at the front for additional sensors (ultrasonic rangefinder available now, more in development)
Includes an ultrasonic distance sensor (rangefinder) module.
Note: micro:bit is NOT included!
See the detailed blog entry for example code snippets and application ideas.